Allusions in Song

Allusions in Song


Allusion is an indirect reference to a person, a place, a thing, or an idea of historical, cultural, and literary significance. The author usually uses references that can be understood by the audience, such as an event, a book, a myth, a place, or a work of art. Allusions can help the audience to see unique connections between two ideas. 

An example of allusion in song : 

3 Doors Down-Kryptonite

I watch the world float to the dark side of the moon
After all, I knew, it had to be something to do with you
I really don't mind what happens now and then
As long as you'll be my friend at the end

If I go crazy, then will you still call me Superman?
If I'm alive and well, will you be there and holding my hand?
I'll keep you by my side with my superhuman might
Kryptonite

Superman - Wikipedia

It is an allusion to wearing power or strength. Superman was incapacitated with Kryptonite, as it was his weakness. It means that the person is making them powerless and unable to do their usual things. He feels like the girl is his weakness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomcat

More About Myself